Facebook Icon Twitter Icon
Traffic Court


Promulgation Order No. 14-002-01 - Adoption of Interim Traffic Court Rules of the Superior Court of Guam, filed June 20, 2014

Traffic Court Rules for the Superior Court of Guam (adopted pursuant to Promulgation Order No. 14-002-01, June 20, 2014)
Your ticket requires you to appear on or before the answering date indicated on the bottom of your ticket. It is your burden to resolve the ticket before the due date at the bottom of your ticket. The Department of Motor Vehicle may hold your driver’s license or vehicle registration renewal on hold until tickets are cleared with the court.

I received a traffic ticket and I would like to know how much the fine is, where do I pay and how payment is made by?

To know how much your traffic ticket cost or any questions you have you may call the Traffic Violations Bureau Office at 475-3424/3274/3121 or 300-7081/7086 or visit the fines and fees page.

What types of payment is accepted?

Payments can be made by cash, Cashiers’ Check/Money Order made payable to Superior Court of Guam or thru credit card (please call for verifications).

Can I pay my traffic ticket before the hearing date?

Yes. Please bring the copy of the citation provided to you by the officer to the Traffic Violations Bureau counter located in the Judicial Building Center in Hagatna or the Northern Court Satellite in Dededo.

Can another person pay for my traffic ticket?

Yes, however the copy provided to you by the officer must be presented to the Bureau with your signature on the reverse side along with a written authorization and a copy of your driver’s license or other identification.

What do I bring to court when I’m involved in a car accident and charged for no insurance?

If you had insurance, get a certified letter from the insurance company that the vehicle was insured and present it to Traffic Court.

Will the Officer be at my hearing?

The officer will not be present at your first hearing date. The hearing date is only an answering date.

Can I contest the citation?

Yes, you can ask for a trial. A date will be set and the officer who issued the citation will be notified and he will appear.

Do I need to hire an attorney?

You do not have to, but you may hire a lawyer at your own expense.

What documents do I need to request for a traffic clearance and can I request for another person?

You will need either a driver’s license, passport or ID card and must fill out the request form provided at the traffic counter. Yes, you can request for another person provided you have written authorization and copy of their identification.